Back to News
Posted on 20 Mar 2020
Employers - What you need to know
- businesses and workplaces should encourage their employees to work at home, wherever possible
- if someone becomes unwell in the workplace with a new, continuous cough or a high temperature, they should be sent home and advised to follow the advice to stay at home
- employees should be reminded to wash their hands for 20 seconds more frequently and catch coughs and sneezes in tissues
- frequently clean and disinfect objects and surfaces that are touched regularly, using your standard cleaning products
- employees will need your support to adhere to the recommendation to stay at home to reduce the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) to others
- those who follow advice to stay at home will be eligible for statutory sick pay (SSP) from the first day of their absence from work
- Medical certification is not required for self isolation.
- employees from defined vulnerable groups should be strongly advised and supported to stay at home and work from there if possible
Employers - What we will do
Dedridge Medical Group is committed to the best possible care for our patients and your team members
For us to achieve this, we will NOT be providing Fit Notes for your staff on self isolation periods as this is not a requirement
We are sympathetic towards your issues as an employer – we employ people too – but as per Government Guidelines, we ask that you support your staff and ours, as we work hard towards giving the best possible care to our patients.
You can get a self isolation note from the NHSinform website
Thank you for your understanding.